Italian Food Franchises
Americans love their Italian food - from lasagna to ravioli to spaghetti and meatballs - what is not to love about this delicious worldly cuisine? With more than 600 types of pasta available, it is no wonder Americans consume 15 pounds of it per year! And if that is not impressive enough, the average person in Italy consumes a whopping 51 pounds --talk about carb-loading. Search our list of Italian food franchises below!
Browse Italian Food Franchises
Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches
One of the fastest growing restaurant chains in America, Jimmy John’s has been making fresh, fast, tasty sandwiches since 1983. Homemade bread is baked fresh all day, and all-natural meats and fresh veggies are hand-sliced daily. Jimmy John’s seeks franchisees who are willing to do whatever it takes to make great sandwiches for their customers.
$ 80,000 Min.Cash Required
Fun Facts: Italian Food
- Spaghetti and meatballs is one of America's most popular Italian dishes. It was present in 19th century southern Italy, however it is practically extinct in Italy today.
- Alfredo sauce, used in Fettuccine Alfredo, was created by Roman restaurateur Alfredo di Lelio in 1914
- The world record for largest calzone weighed 69.3 lbs and was made by Mike Wilson and fellow employees of the Loveshack restaurant in West Lafayette, Indiana in 2003. The calzone measured over 9 feet long!
- There are more than 600 different types of pasta.
- Before eating a meal, Italians will say to each other 'Buon appetito!' which means 'Good appetite!'.
- The average person in Italy eats more than 51 pounds of pasta every year. The average person in North America eats about 15 pounds per year.
- It was not until the 1700’s until tomato sauce was included with spaghetti in Italian kitchens.